Sunday, October 2, 2005

September ended. Hope you're happy Green Day

As you may have noticed I'm not a fan of Green Day's new song. It's not Green Day is not a bad group it's because I hear all the freakin time on the radio and especially on the high school hot spot, MTV.

This weekend was a double-dip of football for myself. On Friday, I traveled up to Greenville and covered Slippery Rock HS vs. Greenville in a battle of the winless teams for the Butler Eagle. SR won 31-0 in a fairly boring game. Saturday was the college experience where SRU amazing beat the black hole California Vulcans, 28-21. That wasn't supposed to happen. I also helped out with the brodacast announcing class to pound out that 5 hours of service to the Comm department I had to during the broadcast. Mike and Dan from the radio crew continued their rampant sucking up to me during the broadcast, Dan insisting that he admired me. Mike brought his fan club up to the game. I seriously would have thought there would be more than 4 members or something like that. But I think he only paid them like $2 to go to the game this time. Cheapskate. Rachel came out and hung with us too. She photgraphed me for my photojournalism class. The family will find that hilarious considering my propensity for bad picture and my usual sign/disgusted moan whenever I'm asked to take a picture. But she did it. All 25 pictures and such. It was swell.

SRU now goes to IUP Saturday for the annual bloodbath. SRU is 0-3 against IUP during my tenure here. Maybe this year, they'll turn it around. I will likely stay here and help the high school kiddies decide to come here to the land of Slippery Rocks.

Not too much else is goin on. Facebook continues to go swimmingly and people write on my wall every once in a while. Sadly, that is one of my thrills considering the lack of socialness I exhibit oh so often.

My sister turned 19 on Friday. Just thought the people from SRU with the sudden interest in my family should know that haha. That last statement will get me in a lot of trouble. Trust me on that one. Readership of the blog will definitely go up after this post. Now if I only got rid of the spam comments. Those things are a ginourmous waste of time.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. Until next time, keep the dreams sane and the pop cold.

No comments: