Tuesday, October 4, 2005

The eclectic array

Today had just about everything you could ask for it. After waking in a haze again, I'm late to my broadcast announcing class in part because I couldn't find a clean shirt to wear. (Break out the quarters, it's laundry time again) Broadcast announcing was sitting in that depressing room with no windows in the science hall and listening to Dr. Barnett lecture. Not that fantastic. Comm Law was next and that was swell. Actually, it was cool. I got 48/50 on my Case Opinino, which means I am doing surprisingly well in my classes so far. Here's where it gets funky.

At 12:30, I was supposed to go to this job lecture at the ECB auditorium. However, I had heard it was business-casual dress. Let's just say at the end of Comm Law I was not in casual dress. So amazingly, I speedwalk back up to Rhoads, (not easy considering it's all uphill) get dressed in 5 minutes and then make it back to the auditorium with 5 minutes to spare. Comm Law was done at 12:05. That's a new land speed record. My legs are thanking me tonight.

Somebody from East Tennesse State called and interviewed me today. WHY? Because Ludacris is coming down there and the folks down there are non too happy. So they are apprently writing a story about the incidences from other colleges where Luda performed. He was here at SRU I believe in the spring of 2004. So that's swell. A journalism student from IUP e-mailed me as well as all of the other editors in the state system about doing a story on student government relationships and the like. Apparently, I get to talk to her now.

Oh, by the way at this thingy I was at this afternoon. First off, I actually didn't need to dress up (although most did) and secondly, the power went off halfway through it. SRU has the worst luck in the history of planet earth. In addition to having the worst weather.

Other than that, not too much happened. Rachel "frolicked" around the quad while Courtney came back today. Oh, and Mike as well as everyone else was there too. And I officially won my fantasy game this week. I'm now 2-2 on the season and playing one PL next week. Should be fun. Anyways, that's all for now, until next time, keep the lights on and bring your extra clothes with you next time.

No comments: