Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday and Homecoming

So anyways, the week is again over and that is joyuous. A better week this week. I wrote a front-page story on the last second because news writers had crapped out on him. I got to cover an open panel discussion on the indigenous cultures week. That was interesting. They hate Columbus Day. I mean a lot.

The paper looked OK but there were some things that could have better. The English department caught on that they can write op-eds now. I had a new freshman e-mail me a sample. Really nice, because that means I don't have to do it. Tonight I'm covering Hickory vs. Slippery Rock. I heard Hickory's not bringing a dust cloud this time.

It's Homecoming this weekend. That means look for a boatload of freshmen in the police blotter this week (The LCB is here this weekend) as wella as some older kiddies too. They aren't too bright. Just think, Halloween is in two weeks and EVERYBODY has halloween parties. By the way, I get a week off after next week's issue. That's fantastic.

No comments: