Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Homecoming, Laffy Taffy & Sanity Questions

As this week has gone on and the Homecoming season gets into full swing, it made me think about what Homecoming is like both at the high school and college level. At the high school level, I think there is a bit more interest among the students since, especially at small high schools, everybody knows each other and there’s a lot more personal interest that way. At the collegiate level, it is not at that big a scale. Usually around my alma mater, what would happen is the candidate would be named, their small group of fans and supporters would chalk the sidewalks and then the king and queen would be named. The funny thing at the collegiate level is that there is actually a bit more opportunity for people to get on the court. I heard once that each organization can nominate someone for a king and queen. There are definitely some organizations that need to get on this in a big way.

The unique thing about my high school homecoming is that it was held in the dead of winter (Usually around December) before a basketball game because my high school did not have a football team. (Thank you Elderton, way to freakin go!) So at least there was no concerns about being rained on outside during homecoming.

OK, on a completely different topic, I think I saw Laffy Taffy gum the other day. After doing a search, I found it out. It’s an actual taffy. Laffy Taffy is made by Nestle and even came out with its own sub-brand called Laffy Taffy Flavor Flippers! But of course, the only reason I even heard of Laffy Taffy is because of the wonderful song of the same name that came out about a year ago. Certain people like to do dances to it and who wouldn’t. The production values are just so incredibly high. But at least the song was catchy enough for me to get it on iTunes.

As some of you know may know, I am a big fan of breakfast foods. Especially these few: Cereal, French toast, pancakes, sausage and Eggo Waffles. The reason I mention that is lately I’ve been eating breakfast foods at pretty much any time of the day except the traditional time for breakfast. For instance, yesterday I had French toast at 2 p.m. Last night, I had Eggo waffles and sausage after getting home from work. My one co-worker is incredibly disturbed by this habit. My family probably is too, considering I would have cereal late at night, and don’t forget about all those fun Eat’n Park trips where it seems like the ONLY thing I would ever order would be something off the breakfast menu. (And considering that often, my order would get duplicated by whoever was there must have meant that the food was good or I knew what I was doing, I’ll go with the first one.)

Last year, my one dear and close friend had asked me to write a “fairy tale” or short story for her. I came up with this and had my friends questioning whether I was all there. After reading this, you will probably do the same. This is actually already on the blog, but since I know many of you won’t take the time to search the archives, I have put the link for you to enjoy and wonder about my well-being.

http://srurocksolid.blogspot.com/2005/07/story-time.html

1 comment:

Lindsay K. said...

Oh yes, the midnight cereal monster - how can one forget?

Homecoming for Edinboro is this weekend - grand moments, I know. Shwasting began on Monday probably, there is quite an abundance of glass distributed across lawns and sidewalks. Ahh, classic.

Have a good one!