Thursday, September 7, 2006

Blogging is fun

So I see that there’s a link to my blog on the New Media class’s Web site. Very cool. I’m semi-famous. No more, no less. I’ll be interested in what you guys and gals are up to this year.

I thought it was interesting that the first year after you graduate from high school/college/whatever, I think about what is going on school. It’s probably normal, perhaps I’m going through a withdrawal syndrome. OR NOT.

In all honesty, I don’t miss school that much at all. There were many aspects of school that I didn’t care for, including dorm life, dealing with those classes I didn’t care for (Intro to Chemistry, anyone) or just the other things associated with it. Oh ya, I definitely didn’t miss move-in day or the angry phone calls, either. Do miss the people at school, which is definitely normal. Transitioning into the professional world does take some time and adjustments not only with the job aspect but with the life aspect too. There’s always growing pains with anything new in life. But I’m making it through pretty good.

On a completely unrelated topic, tonight is the start of the NFL season. I had enough gall to pick Miami in the Ridgway paper today. And amazingly, no angry phone calls about that. And with the start of the NFL season, that means it’s time for the start of fantasy football. My team, “The Ridgway Rockets” along with the other 11 teams in our league had our draft Monday night. It was a good time. I got Larry Johnson with the #2 pick and I think I got a good team. We’l see. Most of my draft picks from last season didn’t survive because they all turned out to suck (Jamal Lewis, Michael Clayton, Andre Johnson, anyone?) or got injured. (Deuce McAllister) And yet my team was still third. A lot of people are cringing at that right now, but hey, what can I say when there’s prizes at the end? Root for Chris Chambers and Heath Miller tonight.
I have to cover a boys soccer match tonight and maybe a boys golf match today, except I fount out it’s in Kane, so we’ll see what happens.

I ate Eggo waffles today, certainly a change from “Heart Attack on a Plate” that gets served at Boozel all the time. I also found about this new program called Skype. With this program, if you have a microphone either installed in computer or a separate microphone like I have, you can audibly talk to each other through your computer at no cost like you’re talking on the phone. That was interesting.
SRU football is traveling to Millersville Saturday. Let me tell you, that is a long trip, it’s about five hours.

All right, that’s all for now. Have a good one. And always obey your syllabus, even if you do it at the last minute.

No comments: