Friday, May 20, 2005

The week in review

As I looked, it's been a week since I posted. So for those loyal fans of mine, here' s what been on the up and up.

Tuesday I went golfing with Gary, and it was a fairly close match until the last couple holes when my short game failed me as it always does. Anyways, I shot a 51, which is pretty disappointing considering it's a 9-hole par 3 course. Yep, my goal is to usually break 50 but it didn't happen this time. Later in the summer, we plan to go and have it videotaped with Gary's keen mind of comedy and such.

I filled out a survey Saturday that was 60 questions long. I would have expected more surveys from my Rocket friends but so far that hasn't happened. 'Tis a shame.

SRU baseball got crushed in their regional playoff game 14-3 against West Virginia State. Not cool. Also, last night, Detroit eliminated Indiana from the NBA playoffs, in what proved to be Reggie Miller's last game. Reggie was one of the premier shooters ever in the NBA and provided some of the biggest thrillsl The 2 that will stick in my mind are the something like 8 points scored against New York in the final 30 seconds in the 1995 playoffs and the winning shot in game 6 of the East Finals against the Bulls. That was only 2 memories. The conference finals are shaping up nicely. Unfortunately, the NBA could be headed for a lockout after this season is over. It's a shame, too if it were to happen because the NBA is getting more and more popular now and finally experiencing the type of fan reaction and interest not seen in a decade.

Also, of interest to me: E3 is going on this week. E3 stands for the Electronic Entertainment Expo and it is THE event in videogaming. This is where new games and ideas get debuted, while the major gaming companies (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo) hold their annual press conferences to detail progress and the future of the companies. The PS3 and X360 are on their way soon. The PS3 is scheduled for a 2006 release, likely around November. (Why November? That time of year is the biggest of the year for sales? That thing called Christmas is why.) I got to look at Madden 06 for PS2 some early footage. Looks solid although watching it on streaming video degrades the quality of the video.

Well, now you are all enthused or bored. Either way, I hope it was enlightening.

No comments: