Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Almost to the finish line

I have one more final to go and it's Thursday at 3 p.m. I also have to pack up all my belongings for the long jaunt home. Not a fun experience especially with there only being one elevator working right now. Lazy SRU maintenance. Remember, these are the same people that woke me up at 8:45 a.m. on a Friday. That's all I should need to tell you.

The Copy Editing final was today. It was not too bad, but it seemed a little shorter than the others. Not because I'm complaining or anything. I had to clean out my desk for the office afterwards and get all the important files onto 1 cd. Then I went and sold my books back to the loving and woderful SGA bookstore. That sarcastic tone comes from how much I got back for them: $17.50. What a rip-off! I sell 5 books back, and they only take 3 and then they decide these book aren't worth all that much. Freakin sad, in my view.

"Unnamed girl X" was inquisitive about me again today. That's the same one that everybody in the office is more enamored with than I am, I think. We'll see if that dies down over the summer.

Monday, we all went to the Iron Bridge for dinner. The Iron Bridge is a mile down the road from Rachel's and it's basically the same place as Rachel's. Good times. We went to Kim's afterwards for some more good times as well. We all asked each other among other questions, "Who we would date in the office?" I'd give the answer but then I remember the parents and the Rocket can read this at any time, so I won't. I know it's a tease, but it can get you thinking. Or maybe not.

OK, a question has been raised about my sudden distaste for radio. And the answer to that question is that I really don't hate broadcasting games, it's a lot of fun. It's everything else that goes along with it. Getting people to actually help out, driving long distances, having people not cooperate with you or just not show up, and other technical aspects too.. So that's why I'll be stepping back next year from that.

I'm excited to go home and then again I'm not. It's like this every semester when I leave for the extended period of time. I always forget that the 4 months will go by slowly and yet quickly at the same time. I'm not much of a fan of summer anyways. I find there's really not much to do. Oh, well at least the room will be at room temperature instead of constantly above that. What a relief.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I had the same discontent with the summers. Which is why I went to summer school, both sessions, for two years straight -- I just couldn't get enough.

With that in mind, am still trying to work out why I didn't graduate.

I remember the book-buying-selling transactions well. Your description of the process brought it all back. I recall once getting $2.50 for a textbook I paid $45.00 for. Outrageous. Cars don't even depreciate that fast (do they?).

Good luck on the final :)