Monday, May 9, 2005

Back at home

OK, everyone. I made it back to the great homestead known as Kittanning. I moved out Friday and it was an aggravating experience as it always is. First off, I had to get up at like 9 AM. Then I had to move my car in front of Dodds. Only I couldn't do that because the wise parents of dormsters had parked their cars infront of the entrance therefore I was forced to park in front of the Union. At about 12, we tried for the second time, and I had to park almost by Harner because of the mass amount of cars. I tried to get in there a third time, but again couldn't because some bimbo in a massive Red truck/contraption had parked on the wrong side of the curb therefore blocking all traffic right in the middle of the road. A little bitter? You got me there. Unpacking was relatively easy and right now, I'm just really not doing much, basically like my weekends at school. I'm just waiting for that next odd job to plop down on me or something.

I started in my epic quest to make the paper more visually appealing. Here's the thing, I have a demo version of Quark 6, so I can get ideas but I can't save them. It's frustrating. But what can you do? So far the only things I've changed are the headshot boxes and the byline name and position fonts. I took pictures of them so if anyone's interested in previewing the early premise, feel free. This will be a long process.

I keep discovering the joy of videogaming. Right now, my rotation features NBA Live 2005, Need for Speed 2:underground and Metal Gear Solid 3. Quality games. I also recently bought a new pair of headphones for the computer.

I keep filling out the surveys I get in my e-mail. They are extremely enjoyable and give me something to do when I'm bored. I should also say I attended graduation Saturday. We had a steady shower 5 minutes into the thing and the crowd was fairly soaked. But the sun came out and we all eventually dried out. Congrats to the 2005 graduates.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

So if I send you a survey, will you fill it out? :)