Monday, October 18, 2004

What's he been up to

You know, recently there have been people that have been complaining because I haven't posted. Well, I finally got a few minutes, so here what's I've been doing with myself. Of course getting another stellar issue of the newspaper out and then having to make a five-hour trip to Millersville to cover SRU. Not only was the trip 5 hours, which meant I had to spend 10 hours in a car, but also I had to watch them lose. That's right, Millersville beat SRU 17-14, marking the third straight loss for the beloved Rock. On the way back, I experience numerous torrential rainstorms and spent $25 on Pennsylvania turnpike tolls. Thank you, PennDOT for making me less rich. On a good note though, on Friday night I covered my second game for the New Castle News, Summit academy vs. Laurel. Laurel blew them out 34-6 but what I was more impressed with was the overall friendliness and welcomeness I got from the people that were running the show at Laurel. From the moment I walked in the press box and introduced myself everybody was extremely gracious and gave me great help. The PA Announcer came up to me and said, “You must have won the coin flip to come here.” And now I know why he said that. But perhaps the best part of the night was halftime. Now, usually that's a pretty dry part of the game, but not at Laurel. It was hyped for a long time and I think just about everybody in the room told me that I had to come down and eat at halftime. And I'm glad I did. With a menu including Ham BBQ, Pasta wraps, Cake, cherry pie, along whip chips, pretzels, and cheese curls, a truly incredible amount of food, especially for a high school game. And I will say that I have been to a number of college games where the halftime is Subway. Enough said. Also the PA Announcer said to the crowd, “We'd like to thank Greg Reedy from the New Castle News for coming out tonight.” And then some little plug for the News. But that's what I've been doing. I finally got a decent amount of sleep last night. And they shut the heat off in Dodds amazingly. Finally, res life comes to their senses.

No comments: