Sunday, October 3, 2004

Emerging from the black hole

Okay, all I asked from SRU was a win. Didn't get it. SRU lost 34-31, even though coming all the way back from 24-0 down in the first quarter to take a 27-24 lead. I would have just loved to see SRU kick the snot out of the Vulcans. Coming out of CalU, I was not impressed at all. First of all, the stadium is like 3 miles off the main campus, a truly brainy idea. Secondly, we had to park our car in the middle of this field right next to this ricketty looking baseball stadium. And then after going all that way, we were told there wasn't any more room in the press box to sit. So there went any hopes of a broadcast, but now we had to sit outside. Not such a problem, except it was pouring down rain at the time. Fortunately, though it stopped and I was able to sit in the bleachers in peace. Something like that. Did I ever mention CalU is called the Vulcans? Stupid name. Well, this Saturday it's IUP, SRU's most bitter rival. I'm hoping for something memorable. Hey, and a win would be nice too.

No comments: