Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Weekend That Felt Like The Middle Of A Week

Yep, that's some of the duties of the job and what would you know, this weekend is gonna have some of that workin on the weekend. Today was an interesting Relay For Life softball tournament which saw me sitting on a rock (literally) and thankfully staying sunburn-free at least to this point. It was lots of mayhem and me being referred to as "Ridgway Record." I was like a pseudo-celebrity which stunned one of the participants who had to seriously ask me if I was with the paper. Yep, I was there. Tomorrow is Legion baseball. Not the worst thing in life but when seeing the weather forecast will be hovering around 90, that's a pretty creepy scenario. Oy, I'll be so hot tomorrow. And not in the good way.

It seems like everybody is hawking an energy drink right now. I just saw an ad for "24" the new Jeff Gordon Energy Drink. WWE has a couple of them and when perusing BiLo yesterday, there was an entire section devoted to energy drinks and stuff like that. They're not that good, and I've had a couple of them. I already have enough caffeine as it is so I don't really need any more.
Watching the Pepsi 400 on TNT in their "Wide Open Coverage." which apparently stands for "Let's put 7 things on the screen and see what people will pay attention to. The bottom 1/5 of the screen is covered by TNT's ticker for some reason and it's quite interesting. Yikes.

I gotta pay my bills and thankfully I've already got everything ready to put in the mail. If that's the most interesting thing that's goes on in my life, that's not too great. Documentarian crews will not be coming to my place anytime soon.

I have zero energy to do much of anything but yet I found time to write in the blog. Maybe Monday will be better than tomorrow will probably be. This week should be interesting for sure. All right, I'm out. Until next time, keep the car on the track.

No comments: