Saturday, June 9, 2007

To Please The Adoring Fans

Yes, I'm well aware I haven't written in here in over a week. Deal with it. The fan club of the blog is getting restless and so I should ablige to that. I really did have a lot to talk about and so without further ado, here we go.

Living here, I've found there's only one good radio station here, Mega-Rock. Other than that, everything else is either country or annoying. (Or in country's case see both, hear that Sugarland, that will be the last time you depress me!) But listening to a certain radio station reminded me of listening to B-94 going grow up. Now of course for those that will remember and were actually from the Kittanning/E-town area zip code, B-94 was thought of by myself at least as the radio station "too cool for school." They played the hippest songs, had the snazziest Friday and Saturday dance parties and wanted to have a cool morning show. Unfortuantely, they played the latest and greatest hits every 20 minutes, played dance songs that lasted half the night and featured a morning show with a guy that I know more for mixing it up with a TV show called "Pro Wrestling Review" than I do for his morning talent. In a side note, PWR was a show done with as much technical assistance as say "Around the Rock." Not to diss a show I was working on, actually it sucks for them. We're the ones that aren't supposed to have the latest and greatest equipment. WSRU wasn't even allowed to give out pizzas.

Anyways, B-94 Pittsburgh version has a couple enduring memories for me, one of which includes having it listened to on my 6th grade field trip to Sea World. At the beginning, the morning show had said after Pittsburgh's Game 6 loss in the East Finals to Florida in hockey that "Ahh, we'll just get them in Game 7." The Penguins promptly went on to lose that game thanks to the ineptitude of Tom Barrasso, Pittsburgh's media darling. Also, I have the incredible memory of singing to "What if God was one of us?" along with the entire bus. Since the bus trip was 3 hours long, I'm just glad we had music.

Speaking of music, with this being the time of year for graduation, can people at least look like they're enjoying themselves without either having an emotional breakdown or just looking like they don't want to be there. My 2 graduations were incredibly great basically because I got to leave the 2 schools I attended and not have to deal with classes anymore! (especially the second one) Sure it's an adjustment and an end to a phase of your life. But you accomplished something great and you should enjoy the moment! Unfortunately, musicians decided to prey on the whole emotionally accessible aspects of graduation and come up with really really really sad songs they play at graduation and prom. Upon hearing these songs, I immediately want to bash my head against a desk and eat Pringles. Pringles are awesome.

By unpopular demand and circumstance, I am back to doing mornings next week for 3 days only which means the best of Reedy making mistakes, talking gibberish and listening to how many pages didn't get sent right the first time. Oh la dee freakin da. K is on vacation next week and G is going to be in there to enjoy the coffee. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee, so I'll have to find something else. Code Red Mountain Dew anyone?

OK, that's it for now. I did have a lot with a lot more stuff on it to write about, but the whereabouts of that note seem to have been temporarily lost. So until next time, I'll just say I'm glad post-it notes are cheap and I'm able to write in 3-point font.

No comments: