Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Hodgepodge Of Hilarity

There were some things I forgot about in the last post since I found that note that I was looking for which to blog in.

I don't know how I forgot to put this next point in. Last Saturday, I was having a fairly blah day, wasn't feeling all that great, it was kind of a pukey Saturday. Then at about 11:15 p.m. it changed thanks to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Right after watching the end of Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals (apparently I was one of 13 people to watch it), I turned on to see the Cavaliers and Detroit Peons battle it out. The game was close entering the fourth quarter and then the Peons imploded faster than Three Rivers Stadium. (I also think more people watched that than the Cup Finals this year) So, my excitement level began to rise as Daniel Gibson (I am NOT calling him "Boobie") starting hitting wide-open 3s, LeBron started shredding the Peons defense, Billups figured out why he played for 13 different teams before becoming Mr. Little Big Shot and Rasheed Wallace fouled out of the game and then had a seizure as he was ejected from a game he already fouled out of. At this point, Doug Collins screams: "IF THERE'S A GAME 7, HE'S SUSPENDED!" Sorry Doug at that point there was a better chance of me hooking up with a girl in town then there was of seeing a Game 7. So then everyone celebrated as the analysts stood in shock over sucktacular the Peons played throughout the series. Of course, the Cavs celebrated like they won the championship while they will undoubtedly get crushed in the Finals.

All right, we're back on music. About a week ago, I had to endure the premise of today's hit music (which is pretty lousy in its own right) as well as "new" music from 2001. Now I'm not one to complain about old music, in fact classic rock is the bestest genre there is simply for the fact you can rearrange the lyrics to adapt to current life situations. (Keep on rockin in the free world anyone?) I've also noticed that certain singers/genres can only sing about certain things. For example, it seems like JoJo can only sing about how men are the worst creation in the history of the universe and especially how they can't treat women right (apparently, there is a song where she says women like to be loved, might want to get over that man-hating premise)

Country music talks about romance, your dogs or that beat-up Chevy truck or they like to make everyone pour out their emotions and make the floor look very flooded.

Baseball has had a common trend the last couple weeks. The last week saw every managers in existence get thrown out to varying degrees of hilarity. This week saw a lot of comebacks, extra-inning games and creative ways to blow games, such as losing on a walk, wild pitch or other fun times. I would say Pirates losing is a trend but then again they've been doing it for 15 years. Nothing new there.

That's it for now, until next time, get some sleep and don't get too lonely out there.

No comments: