Thursday, May 31, 2007

Others Before Self, What A Concept!

"Most smiles are started by another smile."

I think that's a great way to describe Thursday. Not necessarily the whole smiling part (although that never hurts). In all honesty, I thought today wouldn't be the greatest day but after deciding to wear my now lucky red shirt, I came into work, had a great story credited to me which had to be changed and overall didn't have to deal with too many people complaining. I even scheduled an interview! (Not for another job, for a story) I think I learn something every day but one of the things that it pretty evident is if I make a specific effort to help other people, I might just feel better about myself. No one really ever recognizes the team player in sports, but without them sports teams don't win championships.

By the way, Facebook is officially the greatest invention ever. Browsing through other people's profiles (except for the first quote which I saw in the sign of a flower store in Kittanning) I find these great quotes, and I would be remiss to mention AOL profiles well (thanks Jenn and Amy) because they seem like they're chock full of them. Facebook also helps me keeps in touch with people that I haven't talked to in a while. A simple hello to catch up with people can really make a difference in someone's day. I know when I get them, it tends to make me happy and smiling. Kind of infectious. Then I start coughing.

Every once in a while, I do tend to get some funny forwards which do eventually get forwarded on to whoever.. One of them that really was funny was the "words women say" one. In case you missed it, here are some words men should really be afraid of.

FINE - This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
FIVE MINUTES - If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
NOTHING - This is the calm before the storm This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"
GO AHEAD - This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it. LOUD SIGH This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"
THAT'S OKAY - This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
THANKS - A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome. Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology! And send it to your women friends to give them a good laugh! Almost forgot "Whatever"...(it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!)

There's one other quote that I saw on Facebook and I had to share it with K. It's the one listed below. She was all glowy about it. So I'll end with that. And remember, help people out if you can. Even if requires extra effort or going out of your way.

"There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her heart." --Melanie Griffith

No comments: