Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cleaning Apparently Makes Other People Happy

Thursday, I had some time to kill in between typing and a ballgame so I decided to clean my desk up some more. I put a lot of the papers into a pile and after a few minutes K had noticed and once again, had a "You cleaned your desk!" moment with her smiley face and was all excited. I don't get it. K always gets beyond super-excited whenever I clean. I don't think she's the only one either. My sister and C always are shocked, shocked, shocked whenever I clean up anything considering at school my desk had what was described as "There isn't any pizza in a plastic bag smushed on the desk, or cheese fries crusted onto the desk." Apparently, my current desk was described as something along the lines of a tornado hitting which K demonstrated by spinning around a couple times. I told her I was glad I got to see that because it was pretty funny to see. Maybe I should clean my apartment at some point so people will come over. Good luck on either one of those happening anytime soon.

Yesterday, I decided to wear my new black polo shirt to work for a cool Friday. It was the second Friday in a row I had worn it and as most Fridays go, I matched with someone. K and I looked almost exactly the same, black shirts, blue jeans and actually, that's about it. Considering I think I've matched with everyone on the staff, it's quite interesting. We also ended up going to Rite-Aid and getting one of our co-workers a card as he's leaving on a missionary trip to Africa. I had to make sure she didn't leave her pen at the Rite-Aid desk. Hey, that's what guys are supposed to do, make sure their editor keeps her head on straight.

I'm going to the Spring Demo Derby tonight and it should be a good time especially since it doesn't look like it's going to rain which is always a good thing. I need to get lots of pictures and have a good time with that too. Hey, maybe they'll even be posted. Who knows, it depends on how ambitious I feel. That varies as well.

It's a pretty nice day here today, a little cool but otherwise not too shabby. It's sunny and not rainy which is always clutch. I just sneexed twice. Let's keep the great weather coming for the weekend so the baseball playoffs can get in there. Ridgway is taking on Clarion-Limestone Tuesday afternoon and might have to go to Clarion Thursday with a victory. Ridgway baseball has been one of my favorite beats that I've had here so far. Some of the kids actually talk to me a little and they fed me well after senior day with pasta, great cookies and much more.

Of course, the topic has come up lately about what else, me and the ladies. This gets talked about a lot and someone (to be nice, I won't say who, but you'll probably figure it out) has designated it as her job to ask about certain ladies. I know she desperately wants to set me up at some point. Good luck with that, considering even my dad jokes with me that I'll be bringing home that Russian girl from a telephone line at some point. It actually does gets asked about a lot even if I think it's just giving me a hard time. Yes, so actually a lot going on in the last couple days. Hockey's on the background and Macaroni and Cheese will be commencing shortly. It is Saturday you know.

No comments: