Thursday, October 19, 2006

Just Plain Odd

Yes I know it’s late. But fortunately for me, I don’t have to get up in the morning for class unlike the rest of yins, so HAHA! Yep, as always not much has been going on as of late. That’s pretty much the story of the Reedman’s life, it’s dryer than a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, has about as much fun as sitting through a meeting and generally has females going nowhere near it.

So after I praised Missouri’s undefeated start, they promptly went out and lost to unranked Texas A&M. Good job fellas. I’ll definitely get crap for that one.

Not a lot of extra news from the Rocket wire since it was fall break and everyone was out getting schwasted. Sometimes I just don’t know why I spend that extra $15 a month to have instant alerts delivered to my phone signified by Billy Joel lyrics. Sometimes the messages don’t even make sense, either, something along the lines of “I can tell you all the latest and greatest chick flicks,” and “I like moo cow milk, it’s good, great, not bland but grand!” My personal favorite though is “Thank you for calling the Rocket wire. Our trained staff of experienced phone experts and bottlerocket technicians are glad to take your call. Please wait 37 minutes and in the meantime, leave your address and we will gladly mail you our print edition which you will receive in 6-8 weeks.” Gotta love the Rocket wire. By the way, it’s not an actual wire.

Speaking of the USPS failing me once again, I ordered Season 2 of “The Office” on DVD and it hasn’t arrived yet after a week and half of patiently waiting and twiddling my thumbs. I have especially grown fond of this show because it reminds me so much of my current office setting and also my former office setting. The one character that reminds me of me is Jim. (NOBODY LAUGH AT THAT) Jim is an easy-going guy who has a massive crush on Pam, the receptionist. He makes the mistake of telling his boss, Michael about said crush and who goes and tells everyone about it, leading the whole office to know within seconds of this. Eventually, Jim transfers to another branch after professing his love. Moral of the story: Do not tell people who you like if you work in an office. Everyone will find out about it. By the way, just because I feel so suddenly compelled, the guy who I will refer to as DZ reminds me of Toby because he’s responsible and reports to corporate.

In a minor miracle, I cleaned my desk at work today. To most people, this feat would not be a big deal. But considering I cleaned my desk almost as often as I went to Economics class on a Friday, this merits it being a big deal. Why did I do it? Who knows, even I like to know where things are every once in a while.

So that’s all for tonight. Have fun in class and stay out of the rain.

No comments: