Sunday, October 15, 2006

Brisk Weather

Lots has been going on the last couple weeks in Ridgway, not something I can always say. First of all, the weather has taken a drastic turn for the worse. It’s cold, cold, cold. I was all bundled up in my winter gear Saturday as I made my sojourn to Port Allegany watching Ridgway football. It snowed on the way up in a town called Mount Jewett. It actually dusted the ground and I wondered whether it was October or December. By the way, this beats the record for earliest snow in a winter season edging Halloween. By the way, the latest was late April 2005.

It’s brisk in my apartment right now, so I’ve had to deal with that right now. Lots of interesting things going on. I had garlic bread for dinner and it was alright, but a little too greasy kind of like eating Pizza Hut pizza during high school. Steelers won today blowing out the KC Chiefs. Right now, I’m watching the pile of suck known as the Oakland Raiders. Thankfully, the Steelers play Oakland in a couple weeks.

The last couple days, there have been a couple people complaining about high school teams running up the score. This is freakin ridiculous, especially with the circumstances involved. One of the situations involved Ridgway’s opponent coach complaining he didn’t sub with a 14-point lead. The other one complained in print that his team was having the score run up in the third quarter. Listen everyone. People in HS sports already complain enough about each other anyways. From parents, to media , to some coaches complaining about mundane topics, this is getting ridiculous. They already have the mercy rule in place, what more do people want? Either suck it up or tell your team to get better, don’t whine when you lose. People have to play the game for 48 minutes and when coaches tell players to play a complete game, they should do that regardless of the score, unless it’s an extreme circumstance.

The fantasy team had a tough week this week, but I still may pull out a win but I’m not too confident. The other guy has 13 points to make up with Chicago’s defense and kicker.

Everybody was freaking out about Friday the 13th being last week. I don’t really get, in fact I kind of embrace having the 13 just trying to defy whatever this is. I read two separate news articles dealing with Friday the 13th and how people are afraid of them. Very interesting.

OK, that’s about it. Talk to you next time. SRU has a fall break because the students need a break. Way to put that in AFTER I graduate.

No comments: