Sunday, December 3, 2006

That's A Nice Set Of Horns

Over the past week, I got to see a ton of happy people. People that just happened to have dead deer heads in the backs or trunks of their cars. Our paper sponsors a big buck contest and we had over 20 entries come in (Not literally, they stayed outside) and enter the contest while interested onlookers and passer-byers would ooh and ahh at said deer, especially its horns. Now for whatever reason, I had the esteemed duty of taking most of the pictures of the hunters. It made everyone else feel good for the most part, which is a huge key at work.

Lots of people have birthdays at the beginning of December which is really cool. I know quite a few and I wish them all a happy and swell birthday to grow a year older. Since it’s also the end of December it looks like the fall semester is coming to an end pretty soon. I also happen to know a few people that will be graduating soon, and I know they’re all excited. Trust me, I’ve talked to them and they have all told me so.

It must be the Christmas season. Everywhere I look, I see a commerical for jewelry anywhere from the typical family Christmas morning setting where the husband gets the wife some fancy schmancy jewelry or those other commericals. Today, I saw the relationship timeline of kisses, going from first kiss, to wedding kiss, to baby kiss, to middle-aged kiss, to good-bye kiss. (OK, that last one isn't real, but since this is America and one of out every two marriages end in divorce, it really should be.) So now I remember that "Every kiss begins with Kay." (Which I NEVER understood the literal reality of the saying until it just dawned on me today) Also, I guess if you really want to impress your mate, go ahead and go to Jared, because "it could only be Jared." By the way, the stuff that's ignored os the astronomical price of some of these diamonds. The real saying should be "You may not have lifelong love, but you'll sure have lifelong debt." Oh, yes, you all probably have realized that I won't have to worry about that at least this year. And I am more than OK with that.

I probably forgot a few things, but if I did, I’ll add them in at another time. Until next time, don’t get too stressed out and keep the Kleenex in the box.

1 comment:

Gary said...

you forgot one key item:

"diamonds are for morons."