Saturday, December 2, 2006

My Green Chair Broke

OK, I’m going to try and blog again. Let’s see how this one works. Apparently, people are reading it since the last 2 posts have had three comments about them. Let’s do it.

First of all, I had a sad moment. My favorite green chair broke that I’ve had for over three years. So if you’re planning your Christmas lists, guess what now you know what you can get me. I got the chair in May 2003 as it was originally my first college roommate’s at the time, before he generously and without much care, gave it to me as he was in as big a hurry as possible to leave school forever. (He dropped out) The chair had a lot of good memories and lived it three different dorm rooms, home and Ridgway not withstanding the countless hours of time I spent playing video games instead of going out and getting a social life with anyone I associated with.

Work has been going fine as of late, although this week will be busy because we are paginating our winter sports preview. Good times. I’ll be busy with that and will likely have to do most of the pagination.

By the way, thanksgiving was nice as I got to see the family again and do some other stuff as well. Yippie skippie doo. Mom made me take back my little small tree which is currently out of the box and positioned in my living room with garland and lights in there.

We’re in the baby processes of the next-gen systems with the Nintendo Wii, the PS3 and the Xbox 360 where gamers that have WAY too much time on their hands, spent days and days in line to spend their life saving on systems that will go down on price. Needless to say, I didn’t go out to get one of those, I have something called a job that prevents that. However, I won’t rule out buying that in the future. And by the way, I’m getting a PS3 if I do because I’m avoiding any mention of the Xbox 360 (Especially HALO 2) and the Nintendo Wii (which is still living off Zelda and Mario).

Winter came back to Ridgway today, especially since it’s December. That makes enough sense. But speaking of things that don’t really make much sense, I read a certain post by my esteemed friend Jen about Rocket coffee. Now as many of you know, I used to work at The Rocket for a while and I guess I really never paid attention to the coffee, because I never drank it. But letting mold grow on the coffee pot? A little odd. And by the way, Jen’s not kidding when she says she turns into a bear when she doesn’t get the coffee. I’ve seen it. It’s not pretty, folks.

I heard everyone had a great time at their Senior Seminar dinners Thursday night. While you were at your etiquette dinners. Guess what I was doing? That’s right.
I sat at an etiquette dinner.
Thursday night, I covered the Ridgway football banquet and ended up sitting with the team boosters. And you know what, it was a good time, even though much like the senior sem dinner I had in the spring, I barely ate anything (OK, I barely ate anything compared to everyone else who cleaned their plates) and couldn’t put my elbows on the table. I must also say the table I was at it not exactly suited for anyone taller than 5’10” because I kept hitting my knee on the top of the table. That was a very fun banquet though, especially with coaches and players trading friendly jabs at each other. We laughed a lot for 3 hours. Now there’s a great way to spend your Thursday night.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

pagination. grrr. i hate pagination.