Monday, March 12, 2007

The Crying Girl Syndrome

Editor's Note: Yet again, I deal with girly issues. Nothing happened today to talk about except an afternoon of work and finding out my co-workers like to do "Reedyisms." That is really creepy.

This was something that I have seen probably too much of lately. The title of this entry is pretty self-explanatory. It deals with the crying lady and how guys pretty much don't have a chance of being anything but nice when dealing with the tear-jerker. I've seen a lot of this mainly on TV. In one Seinfeld episode, George tries to move his wedding day back with Susan. However, Susan cries and George caves. So George turns the tables and cries to Susan and promptly gets his wish. Pretty funny stuff. I saw this on Smallville at the hotel in Hershey when Lana was crying to Lex in some happier tears.

For me, dealing with the crying girl is not exactly something I hope to deal with on a regular basis. I have dealt with it over the years though as probably most guys have. It's tough to see your friend in my case just start bawling over the problems in her life or in Heather's case, seeing me leave her after Blairsville (That sotry should still be on the front page) I think one of the gratifying things it does prove is that the handful of ladies that have cried to me over the years have confided in me with personal/sensitive information and they need someone to help them. I had to ask someone what to do after a while and she told me "Just be there for them." And that's what I try to do, just be the rock and get them through it.

Now are all ladies criers? Of course not, I know a lot that I would never think would cry much. But there are definitely some that get much more emotional outwardly. So next time one of your lady friends starts welling up, comfort them and be there for them! I think they appreciate it more than you think! I know that's true.

No comments: