Sunday, February 18, 2007

Digging Out

Yikes. I guess it’s been a while since I wrote in here last. I write that a lot in this blog. Well, in the past week we got a foot of snow and it was full of greatness.

Today I spent my time at the Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous which was certainly a unique experience. It was also very cold so that’s not too great. Then again it is winter. The fam is coming up tomorrow and I’ll probably show them around or something. I cleaned my apartment for them. It looks pretty good just in case anyone wants to come visit.

So Wednesday was Valentine’s Day. It’s traditionally been one of the less popular days with me just because it deals with sappy crappy love. However, I decided it my Valentine’s Day was going to be dull and lull, I would at least make the effort to make sure the ladies had a smile put on their face. And how did I possibly do that?

Easy, just go and write e-cards to 14 different ladies.

Now, I should preface this by mentioning that one of them was my sister and I’m pretty sure a few of them either didn’t get it or did and just didn’t care, but I did get a few thank yous and even a few thank you cards in return! I was real happy to find out that I made their days better. It’s like my pastor said at church last week: “No one come to a wedding to see what tuxedo the groom is wearing. They all talk about the bride’s dress.” Nice to know I will be overshadowed if I ever get married.

Haven’t been in the greatest of moods lately. Probably because of the sheer craziness of work. Hopefully, things will slow down pretty soon.

That’s it for now. Stay warm!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You were nice to send e-cards. Everyone likes to be remembered on a day like that. :)