Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hey It's A New Year!

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote in here. Of course, lots of stuff has been going as expected.

The new year has come upon us and I'm pretty excited for it. I always liked odd-numbered years better than even ones because it seems like odd years are better. Oh well. I turned 23 on the 4th and I must say I had a very nice birthday with lots of well-wishers. My editor, Kristal went and baked me a cake which you can see if you have the lovely marvel of Facebook. Her cat went and licked part of the cake so she had to cut out three of the pieces. It was still a very nice thing she did. But speaking of Kristal, she's very sick with some sort of nasty stomach virus that I hope I never ever get. Lots of puking and not a lot of good times are involved. Yuck.

Rumor has it the spring semester is starting at school soon. HAHA!! And I don't have to pack or move or do any of that worthwhile crap that I hated while attending the fine institution of Slippery Rock University. It's snowed very little here so I have to thank global warming for having it be unseasonably warm. It's been in the 50s quite a bit in Ridgway lately. Just a little odd. I get to watch the NFL Divisional Playoffs this weekend which is pretty sweet in my opinion.

I hope to be visiting SRU for a weekend pretty soon to see the entire gang soon. (Or at least as many as I can rile up) I have one special fan that is especially anxious as well to see me come back. I think I will call her "Special Smiley." I don't know if she'll like that or not so I might have to come up with a better nickname.

I got lots of good stuff for my birthday. I went and bought Final Fantasy 12 and Sonic Mega Collection Plus, two of my favorite video game series. I grew up with the Sonic games and now I have them all! Incredible! As with FF12, so far it's been a pretty good game through about 5 hours. (If you don't know, the game usually takes 40-50 hours to complete, depending on how much you want to do with it.)

I'm amazed that the Sonic series seems so easy today when I'm 23 then they did when I got them at 11 and 12. The games usually take around 2-3 hours to complete, a drip in the water compared to these mega-games today. They're still fun.

OK, that's about it for now. Until next time, stay healthy and eat some pretzels.

No comments: