Monday, January 22, 2007

A Weekend Where I Talked To People!

That's right. I actually took a trip to the wonderful and mediocre land known as Slippery Rock University. What spawned this trip? Sheer boredom and also because I don't know when the next fun and uninterrupted weekend will be.

So after telling my 3 loyal fans about my imminent appearance and putting a red-colored breaking news alert on the Rocket wire, Moo-Shu Mike is second to greet me (of course the first few being the Adam Brewer group of cool and wrestling-related hysteria) and he greets me with the greatness known as Prepwear, anything in Polo Jeans Co. However, I did enough ripping of Mike in person, so I will not go ahead and rip him on the blog anymore considering he did let me crash on the couch while he slept in longer than I did (oops) Mike and I played NHL 2K7 on the virtouso machine known as a Playstation 3 which requires approximately a down payment on a house to purchase. (It's $600 just for the machine) The graphics look sharp but I don't think it's that big an improvement from the PS2 opposite to when the PS2 was a massive improvement over the PS1 which made me drool every night haha. After playing SD vs Raw 07, which has terrible controls by the way, it was time for the gloriousness known as Madden in which after nearly choking it away the Colts (me) defeated the Patriots, 41-36 in which Tom Brady threw 5 interceptions mainly off of flukes.

Eat'n Park was next and amazingly my order was not duplicated by anyone. I'm so very proud about that (oops again). Then it was bowling where I was soundly defeated by mostly everybody. I bowled an 80 and I was very proud to do that. Afterwards, Mike begged and begged for all of us to go to a local place called Palmer's (which sadly I had never heard of. And I went to SRU for 4 years.) At Palmer's, I sit there bored at the beginning with Mike, Brian and Dan-o. Then I see my friends Jenna and Elise. Jenna talked to me about her life and was asking me some advice about what she should do for the semester. I enjoyed her company and we had a couple hugs too! I didn't notice Elise there until she looked at me. Elise is my roommate's cousin and was nice to see her and catch up on how Chase and Heather are doing. We hugged too and I found out she is a Facebook stalker. That's always a nice thing to know.

Sunday came along and after sleeping and waking up, Mike and I watched an old wrestling pay-per-view. After doing that, I got to visit my friend Brittney which was absolutely great! Brittney and I got to catch up on everything and I got to take a picture with my lovely camera. I've know Brittney for a long time and she's really cool and sweet. I know she'll be successful when she graduates in the world known as television.

The weekend continued by returning to the glorious halls of ECB and seeing the differences in the department. There's a bunch of different stuff and posters on the wall and a couple of my lovely articles are plastered on the Rocket alumni board. I saw Rachel and Nate and Ivan in the Rocket office and got to see how that was too. All of those folks seem to be doing well which I was very happy to see!

I think this weekend proved that even when you're away from your friends for a long time they still care about you and miss you just like you miss them. I know that was deep.

So that was fun and now I guess the next weekend is almost here. Let's do it.

No comments: