Tuesday, November 7, 2006

The Time Warp Part 2

Wow, there has been a lot going on since the last time I thrilled everyone with the dim light that is my life. And I certainly have a lot to talk about, and a lot that I will probably forget about anyway.

I guess you could say this is Part 2 about catching up with the past (but not “sleeping with the past” as the not so popular Elton John would say) One of the biggest unexpected thrills I had was talking to Mike from high schools, someone who I considered one of my best friends from childhood. I’ve known Mike since 1st grade, we were in the same classes throughout school and we talked quite a bit. Well, he messaged me online last week and we talked for a while. Apparently we both had a lot to catch up on. He got married and moved to New York City working in finance, not surprising me since I knew he was going to do something like that, just like he knew I’d be in the media. Craziness. The guy’s gonna be rich someday, no doubt.

Another one of my hobbies is watching shows and things I used to like in the past. Over the past few months I loved seeing the old NBA on NBC intros and music as well as the early 90s NFL on CBS intros with probably the greatest theme in the history of football. Here’s where you all can laugh. Growing up just like many of you, I watched Power Rangers quite a bit. Well, YouTube hasn’t decided to be cool yet and take them down so a lot of full length episodes are still up there to be watched from the pivotal moments of the series. And I’ve watched them over the past few weeks. Back in the second and third seasons, Power Rangers were probably at its apex followed with the surprising success of Power Rangers Zeo with pink ranger Kat (who was definitely an attractive lady, especially for someone who was 12 to 14 at the time and finding out that girls just don’t have cooties anymore, wow how much am I going to get busted on that one.)

There are some interesting perks to my current job. Free meals, free admission to high school sporting events and getting to go to high school football games are just a few of them. Well, Friday I ended up at the Area Transportation Authority taking pictures for Jonathan’s day in the life story. It was a pretty good time overall. The ATA has a pretty new building that was built just about six years ago. When we got there we were met by a nice redhead named Christy (Not sure on that spelling) who showed us around the place and showed us what she does during a typical day. After that we went to the transport area where we saw the people that are in charge of the routes and talk to the drivers over the intercom. They have a cool computer system where they can see where the bus is, where it’s going and whether the route is on time. The technology is pretty amazing and the people there were certainly interested in having us there. The director of the place was taking a pic of me taking a pic of Q-Tip for the paper. Good times there.

By the way, instant messenger is great, especially for catching up with people as well. That has certainly happened the past couple of weeks. OK, have a good time, talk to all of you soon. The new media class is ranting! IT’S GREAT!

No comments: