Tuesday, February 8, 2005

The warmth of winter

It was an interesting weekend somewhat. I went home and my car runs now at the most optimum rate it possibly can which is about all I can ask for. The super bowl will not go down at the greatest one ever, not even close. A poorly played game with a bunch of turnovers isn't exactly what I was looking for. NE won which was also quite a bummer but oh well what are you going to do. The commericals for the game I thought were pretty lame for the most part this year. Only a couple did I find funny, namely the one with the cat knocking over the soup and then it looking like the guy was going to kill the cat. Good stuff there. Halftime was alright, most of the kids around here hated it though, if they watched it at all. I never was a huge fan of halftime, too much expectations and really it's impossible to please fans because of it.

Now, the weather is finally warm and feels like spring. Which is delightful, because I will be the first to tell you, spring is by far the best time of the year to be here because the weather is just right. Usually it is not too hot (Take that, Aug/September) or cold and impossible to drive. (Jan/Feb) It's very refreshing to go out even when it rains and whine about the rain. But it could be worse, by about 30 degrees.

I went and spent more monies today on various bills but now I am no longer offically poor, I'm in the somewhat poor, but still getting by range. A fantastic achievement indeed. And speaking of that SRU men's hoops won again, beating the dreaded black holester of CalU in a woefully long game. SRU men's hoops, with an overall record of 5-17, still has a shot to go to the PSAC playoffs. I like to write that so I have something to look forward to.

No comments: